Saturday, July 24, 2010

Assessment 2

Tue 20 July

Since the last assessment I have completely cut out the plastic bottles only drink water out of glass - luckily we have proper filtered water at work.
I now tip my food onto a plate before I reheat it and before I put left overs into tupperware for freezing I let it cool down completely or alternatively I just put the whole saucepan into the fridge.
The salty water was a bit weird for the 1st few days, but I think I've got used to it now and I definately like having 2nd breakfast at about 10:30!
Hobbits are on to something...

I've not eaten any tuna at all and have had broccoli, cauliflower virtually every day for tea.
I have had meat for breakfast every day for the last 2 weeks - this is the bit that I'm finding hardest. The whole concept of kangaroo or turkey is a bit alien - must be a British thing, but I have stuck to it. The main thing about the meat is that I'm finding I'm doing so much more cooking - its really eating into my limited time in the evenings which I'm not enjoying at all, I'm just not getting any mental down time as I find I'm trying to think up imaginitive things to do with chicken
The rest of the 2 weeks I probably haven't been as clean as I should have been - at least 3 days i had take away curry for lunch (in a plastic tub..oops!)
I've had to keep a food diary again and I think there were only 5 days that I really did everything correctly...

The assessment went really well, according to the scales I lost 3kg in the interveining 2 weeks (my other gym scales have registered about 1kg) and after doing all the pinch tests, Kat calculated I'd lost 1.5% body fat!
Thats pretty impressive. The biggest area of change was the hammies, but hardly any change on the cavles

Heres me at week 2:



Changes to make to my diet for next time include more protein at lunch, and more fibre - an apple or stonefruit with lunch. Add Chia or flax seeds onto soups, into curries. More fat in the form of avocado or coconut oil and milk.

I think I've hit on the solution to the brekky issue - curry! I love curry and the way I cook it, it is completely healthy - I do everything from scratch - roast and grind the spices, I use olive oil instead of ghee, yoghurt instead of cream, lots of garlic, ginger, cumin and tumeric, tomatoes, onions and if its not a brekky curry I add extra veg even if the recipe doesnt call for it - brilliant!
Last week I had Kerala Kangaroo, Saffron Chicken with cashew nuts and a spag bol (just the bol).
 
I'm eating so much curry now even the Indian guys at work think I'm weird! I'll add the recipes I use on another page.

No comments:

Post a Comment